Yesterday was an all day music festival in Fairfield, IL called "Godfest" (i am not a real big fan of the name). Anyway there were a bunch of different vendors and tents with Christian T-shirts (those people who come up with those shirts are so clever..) there was also a trailor that was known as the "God Mobile"--the God Mobile was a little trailor/booth that some people from Evansville, IN brought (from what i hear they travel to a lot of different festivals and events...) On the side of the trailor there was a big sign that said "Are You Going To Heaven? Two Question Test...answer revealed. Unfortunately we were sitting right by the booth so i had to bear reading the sign and watching kid after kid go and "take the test"...the test by the way was "are you going to heaven" and "how do you know" after answering these questions the person taking the test (testee) was then taken through the "plan of salvation" and was given a tract to take home.
I don't know what you think, but i don't think that scaring kids into thinking they are going to hell is a really good idea...not only do they live their lives in fear that they will go to hell...but they end up thinking that heaven is the point of salvation. I have more to say on this, but not now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mikey, remember when we played that "life" game when we were on camp teams, and almost everyone had to go to hell when they met God (Edwin). That sucked. I wish I could go back and tell all the kids that I'm sorry that we tricked them. We didn't portray God as a very kind or merciful being.
ReplyDeleteyeah, i remember that game...at the time i thought it was a good idea...why would we think that would be a good thing for them?
ReplyDelete